Keeping a household in order is no easy feat, especially for busy families. According to Todd Tingley, CEO of Ganzier, a storage solution provider, homeowners can maintain an organized, clutter-free home by tackling clean-outs strategically.
1. Do spring cleaning year-round. Twice a year, go through your closets and clean out clothes, especially your children's clothes. If items have not been worn in over a year, let them go.
2. Donate unused toys. Twice a year, go through your children's toys and set aside items that they've outgrown. Before each birthday and holiday season, pull out the toys no longer used and donate them to charity.
3. Clean out sporting equipment seasonally. At the end of each sports season, consider donating any gently used equipment your children will outgrow during the next season.
4. Check food expiration dates. Are you limited in pantry or cabinet space? Twice a year, go through your pantry and clean out what has expired. You will be surprised at how much space you have when you’re finished.
5. Separate seasonal clothes. Take seasonal items, like bathing suits or winter coats, and put them away until it is time to use them.
6. Clean your garage. Clean your garage twice a year by taking everything out and discarding any trash or unused items.
7. Use reusable bags. Not only are they eco-friendly, they diminish the clutter of plastic and paper bags in your home. Keep them tucked in your car so they are always handy.