by Andrea Davis
Keeping your bathroom sanitary doesn’t have to be a chore. With the right cleaning techniques, you can enjoy a sparkling bathroom without spending all day cleaning. Here are six cleaning tips for a fresh bathroom:
1. Shine your mirror
Your bathroom mirror can get pretty grimy. Thankfully, it’s easy to restore it to its former glory. Here’s how:
- Place rubbing alcohol on a cotton pad and rub away any stuck-on gunk.
- Spray the entire mirror with a glass cleaner and use a microfiber cloth to wipe away any debris.
2. Renew your bathroom floor
Your bathroom floors receive a lot of traffic. Use your vacuum to remove hair, dirt and other debris. Use your favorite cleaning solution to clean the nooks and crannies of your bathroom. Sponges are perfect for scrubbing dirty or stained shower tiles.
3. Scrub tile grout
Over time, grout can change from white to an off-putting grey or brown. Vinegar and baking soda are the perfect stain-fighting combination to clean grout. The baking soda will bubble up and eat away at the accumulated soap scum. Rinse away your solution and enjoy your clean grout.
4. Whiten your toilet
Cleaning the toilet does not have to be a tough job. In fact, it can be one of the easiest parts of cleaning your bathroom. Pour a cup of white vinegar into the toilet bowl and allow it to sit for at least 10 minutes. The acid in the vinegar will help neutralize mineral deposits. When the vinegar has done its job, flush it away and use a toilet brush to remove any remaining hard water stains.
5. Remove tub debris
Daily use of your tub probably means you’re washing down dirt and debris from your body. Depending on the type of tub you have, debris will start to show up on the floor. To clean out your tub:
- Spray the entire surface with an antibacterial cleaner. The cleaner will need time to work, so take a break or do something else while it sets in.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, simply use the showerhead to rinse the walls and tub surface. Then, use a clean microfiber cloth to dry everything thoroughly.Depending on what washed down your tub, there’s a chance you won’t be able to remove your deep-set stains or marks. If you notice some unsightly stains, resurface your tub for a new look.
6. Rinse the sink
Renew your sink by soaking paper towels in bleach and letting them sit for 30 minutes. Rinse the sink with running water to flush away any bleach and enjoy your sparkling new sink.
Note: Avoid bleach on colored porcelain sinks. Bleaching could cause colors to fade. If you have a colored porcelain sink, use a mild liquid detergent or vinegar-based solution instead.
Bathroom cleaning can be quick, simple and take under an hour if you have the right tools and methods. Instead of spending money on a professional cleaner, use these tips to get your bathroom in shape.
This post was originally published on RISMedia's blog, Housecall. Check the blog daily for top real estate tips and trends.