We recently polled ListHub Pro customers to learn how they prepare for listing presentations and what tips they would offer other agents to help them win the listing.
An overwhelming theme among the responses was the importance of preparation. Of those surveyed, 55 percent says they spend one to two hours preparing for listing presentations and 32 percent spent as much as six hours researching and preparing. According to the results of the survey, one of the first and most important steps in preparing for your listing presentation appointment is putting together a comprehensive listing presentation packet. ListHub Pro agents noted several items they found to be most beneficial to include in their packet.
Essential Items for a Listing Presentation Packet
- Report containing new and recent activity in the MLS
- Examples of print marketing materials (postcards, flyers, etc.)
- eMarketing flyers with a list of all the websites where listings will be advertised
- Examples of marketing reports that demonstrate the key performance indicators tracked during the home selling process
- Information about the company or brokerage
- References and information about the agent’s credentials and experience
- Examples of technology the company uses to sell homes faster or more efficiently
- Examples of contractual documents
High-Priority Agent Services
According to the 2013 NAR Profile of Homebuyers and Sellers, there are four agent services where sellers place the highest priority. These services include, 1) helping the seller market the home to potential buyers, 2) pricing the home competitively, 3) finding a buyer for the home, and 4) selling the home within a specific timeframe. It’s important to keep these priorities top of mind and make sure you address each in your presentation to sellers.
The NAR study also found that reputation is one of the most important factors cited by sellers when choosing an agent. Including testimonials or a list of references within your listing presentation is a great ways to reinforce your reputation and create a sense of trust with the seller.
Importance of Online Marketing
- 88 percent of those surveyed says showcasing their online marketing strategy to new clients is important/very important in helping them win more listings.
- Nearly 60 percent says they use the ListHub eMarketing flyers or Seller Reports to showcase this strategy at listing presentations.
Finally, we present to you the list we gathered from our agent participants of the top tips to keep in mind for your next listing presentation. With these tips, you can impress your seller clients and WIN the listing.
Top 5 Tips to Win the Listing at Your Next Listing Presentation Appointment
1. Preparation. Spend time researching, preparing, and practicing your presentation so that you will be able to deliver it with confidence.
2. Competitive Edge. Demonstrate what you do differently than other agents. Everybody advertises online, but you should showcase what’s unique about your strategy including online activity reports, enhanced listings, full motion video tours, etc.
3. Technology. Express how you utilize new technology to serve your clients and sell their home faster. Provide demonstrations of key technology if possible.
4. Flexibility. Listen to the client’s needs first—they should be the one talking 70 percent of the time. The goal is to identify how you can best help the individual client, not to just run through an hour-long PowerPoint so make sure your presentation is tailored for each listing. Canned presentations will get stale!
5. Be Yourself! Include humor and personal experiences in your presentation. Clients want to work with agents they both like and trust.
One of the most important things to do after your listing presentation is follow up with the client. After delivering a listing presentation, 84 percent of agents followed up with the client within two days. 66 percent followed up with a personal phone call, 15 percent by email, and 6 percent by snail mail. Prompt follow up conveys to the client how responsive you would be as their agent—don’t miss this easy opportunity to win over clients with a simple phone call or email.
Interested in learning more about ListHub’s seller tools? Click here to learn more and then download a free eMarketing flyer for your next listing presentation appointment.
Reprinted with permission from RISMedia. ©2014. All rights reserved.