For the winter-weary of us, the spring season is a welcome change. Ring in some spring fever at home with these design tips from the experts at Ace Hardware.
1. For a trendy kitchen update that won’t break the bank, remove outdated cabinet doors and paint the frames in a crisp white and the interior of the cabinets in a shade of bright green. To make a modern statement, display inexpensive white dishware in the open cabinets.
2. In the world of neutrals, gray walls are still king. To keep this trend chic as the warmer months approach, add artwork and accessories in pastel shades and go for an accent piece of furniture in a high gloss pastel. This is a unique look that will pop against gray walls.
3. Floral patterns and designs will never go out of style and are the perfect complement to the spring season. Bring the look of fresh florals indoors by replacing your existing pillows with this timeless trend for a quick and easy update.
4. Go monochromatic with a smoky-toned color palette. Try layering four shades of the same hue within a room. Choose one color for the walls, a second color for the trim, a third for the ceiling and a final color for a piece of furniture in the space.
5. Utilize color in even the most unlikely of places by painting the inside of your credenza in a springy shade. Add a glass door and display your favorite glass and dishware for a one of a kind way to highlight the bold shade.
“Each year, spring awakens homeowners’ desire to update their homes,” says Nathan Fischer, design expert, Ace Hardware. “Whether they are inspired to add small pops of color, or take on a larger color project for a dramatic result, our tips were selected to inspire and help homeowners achieve a brand new, on trend look within their homes.”
Source: Ace Hardware