There’s no better time than back-to-school season to organize for the upcoming school year. Begin with these five back-to-school, get-organized tips from the experts at Merry Maids:
1. Draw up a family calendar to keep schedules on track throughout the year. Hang it within view of all members of the household, including your child(ren), so that they know—and can change, if needed—appointments or obligations.
2. Set up color-coded files for your child(ren) to store assignments and projects as they come in through the year. Clear out the folders periodically, either over the weekend or over school vacations.
3. Organize a school supply cabinet with labeled baskets or bins. This will come in handy at homework time, guide your child(ren) during clean-up, and help you take stock when items need replenishing through the year.
4. Establish a time to pack lunches for the entire week—and enlist your child(ren) to help prepare them. Store the lunches in an accessible area in the refrigerator, so your child(ren) can grab-and-go each morning.
5. Designate a day each week for your child(ren) to participate in household chores—folding the laundry, picking up their toys, or setting the table, depending on their age and ability.
Putting school-time routines in place now not only starts the year off stress-free, but also ensures your household stays well-ordered in the months to come. Start with these tips!
Source: ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc.