2. Enjoy some summer indulgence and book a luxury summer weekend break.
3. Take part in a charity fun run and exercise while making money for a needy cause
4. Go fishing
5. Adventurous types might take a walk on the wild side and feed their need for excitement through sky diving, bungee jumping and quad biking.
6. Mountain bike trails can be both gentle for the novice and more challenging depending on level of ability.
7. Redecorate a room: whether it’s grandma’s bedroom or the playroom, the summer’s a great time to do some home decorating.
8. Get a taste of history by visiting an art museum, history museum or science museum.
9. Pack a picnic lunch and head for the countryside or a favourite park.
10. Volunteer to get involved in community, church or charity summer fund-raising activities.
11. Play golf
12. Go hiking or climbing
13. Enjoy nature
14. Hone your photography skills while travelling
15. Horse riding
16. Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride
17. Join a Summer Volunteer Program
18. Visit family and friends overseas
19. Join a Historical Society
20. Throw a garden party
21. Lie on a beach or paddle in the sea
22. Run barefoot in the meadow
23. Teach the kids how to make a daisy chain
24. Build a Tree House
25. Play football in the park
26. Sunbathe in the garden and catch up on your reading
27. Photograph wild flowers
28. Swim in the sea, a lake or river
29. Go surfing
30. Art and craft outdoor activities
31. Take the kids to a theme park, aquarium, zoo, country farm or adventure park.
32. Visit the circus
33. Fly a kite
34. Book the kids into an Activity Day Camp
35. Check out what Summer Activity Clubs are on offer in your area
36. Take your children to the beach and hold a sand castle contest
37. Get the family involved in team sports
38. Use a garden sprinkler for a water fight or have water balloon fights
39. Give your child a corner of the garden that they can plant and look after themselves
41. Throw a barbecue
42. Play paintball
43. Plan a holiday with family and friends to a favourite destination.
44. Get outside, play tag, ballgames, blow bubbles and have some fun in the sun
45. Join a National Park Volunteer Group and learn new skills while making new friends
46. Take a driving holiday
47. Check out any Historical Re-enactment and Craft Events
48. Visit a Live Music Event or Outdoor Theatre
49. Check out any puppet shows, outdoor concerts, art events and festivals going on in your area.
If summer’s the season your family have been waiting for, there are plenty things to do that will make this a summer of fun and enjoyment.