- 5 to 6 oz. mild, creamy goat cheese or cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf (about 8 oz.) Italian bread
- 2 cloves garlic, halves
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a small bowl, stir together goat cheese, 1 Tbsp. parsley and pepper until thoroughly combined. In a medium bowl, stir together tomatoes, 2 tsp. olive oil, salt and 1 1/2 tsp. parsley.
- Slice off and discard ends of bread. Slice loaf diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices and place on a baking sheet. Toast in oven until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Rub 1 side of each toast slice with cut side of garlic. Brush with remaining olive oil.
Just before serving, spread toast slices with cheese mixture and top w